If you’re a Downtown Oklahoma City, OK, resident who was recently injured in an accident, you may be eligible for compensation for your injuries through a personal injury claim. The party at fault in your accident could be liable for your losses, including medical bills, lost wages, and mental anguish.
Initiating a personal injury claim in Downtown Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, may seem daunting. However, an experienced Downtown Oklahoma City personal injury attorney can walk you through the process.
The attorneys at Laird Hammons Laird Personal Injury Lawyers can help you strengthen your claim so you can seek full compensation in your case. To schedule a free consultation, contact Laird Hammons Laird Personal Injury Lawyers online or call us at (405) 497-0480.
How Our Downtown Oklahoma City Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help You Fight for Damages
The attorneys at Laird Hammons Laird Personal Injury Lawyers have over 95 years of combined experience in personal injury law. We have helped our clients recover over $100 million dollars in compensation. We’ll put our experience to work for you and fight for you to receive full compensation for your losses.
When you hire one of our dedicated Downtown Oklahoma City personal injury attorneys, we’ll take the following steps to secure a favorable outcome in your case:
- Listen to your story and review your options
- Investigate the accident further and identify the responsible parties
- Develop a case strategy with you
- Gather evidence to support your claims
- Assess the extent of your damages
- Contact the insurance company to negotiate a settlement
- File your case in court and represent you if needed
Reach out to our office in Oklahoma City, OK, to learn more about how our Downtown Oklahoma City personal injury lawyers can help you fight for damages.
The History of the Downtown Oklahoma City in Oklahoma City, OK
Downtown Oklahoma City is the geographic, financial, and cultural center of Oklahoma City, OK, and the surrounding region. It is the location of the city’s founding when the area was opened to settlement under the Land Rush 1889.
Downtown Oklahoma City consists of the Central Business District, the Arts District, Bricktown Entertainment District, the Deep Deuce Residential District, Midtown, A-Alley, and the Flatiron District. Notable landmarks in Downtown Oklahoma City include the Oklahoma City National Memorial, Myriad Botanical Gardens, and the Oklahoma River.
How to Get to Laird Hammons Laird Personal Injury Lawyers From Downtown Oklahoma City
Our Oklahoma City office is conveniently located less than 10 miles from Downtown Oklahoma City.
To reach our office by car:
- Take I-235 South from Downtown Oklahoma City
- Continue onto I-35 South
- Take Exit 121B to merge onto I-240 W/OK-3 W/US 62 W toward Lawton
- Take Exit 2A toward S Western Avenue
- Follow the signs to turn left onto S Western Avenue
- Turn right onto SW 89th Street
Our office will be on your left, at 1332 SW 89th St, Oklahoma City, OK 73159.
Our Personal Injury Law Firm’s Primary Practice Areas
If you were injured in a personal injury accident as a result of someone else’s carelessness or negligence, our seasoned attorneys are here to help you navigate your next steps. Our primary practice areas include:
An estimated 6 million car accidents will occur in the United States this year. These accidents can cause whiplash, broken bones, soft-tissue damage, or even death. If you were injured in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence, you have the right to seek compensation for your injuries.
Construction is an essential part of society, but construction sites come with serious hazards. If you were injured while working on or passing by a construction site, you may be able to recover compensation for your injuries.
Motorcycles have less visibility than larger vehicles and fewer protections for their riders, which can result in devastating consequences when involved in a crash. If you or a loved one were injured in a motorcycle accident and someone else was to blame, you may be entitled to significant compensation for your losses.
Slip & Fall
Slip and falls are a type of premises liability claim that occurs when someone falls and is injured on another person’s property. Property owners have a legal obligation to keep their property reasonably free of harmful hazards. If they fail to do so, they may be liable if someone is injured on their property due to an unreasonably dangerous condition.
Due to their large size and weight, trucks can be especially destructive in a crash. Our attorneys can review your truck accident case and help you fight for damages from the at-fault driver or big trucking company.
No family deserves to lose a loved one too soon. If you’ve lost someone close to you because of someone else’s negligence or otherwise tortious conduct, it can be unbearable. Our compassionate wrongful death attorneys can help you seek compensation for things like medical bills, funeral costs, lost wages, and more.
Damages Available in Downtown Oklahoma City Personal Injury Cases
Economic damages concern the financial costs of an accident, including:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Loss of earning potential
- Other out-of-pocket expenses
Economic damages are fairly straightforward to understand and calculate. However, the opposing party is still likely to challenge your damages. An experienced personal injury lawyer will help you fight for all of your damages.
Non-economic damages, in contrast, concern the subjective or emotional costs of an accident or injury, including:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Loss of consortium or loss of companionship by a loved one
- Disfigurement or disability and related impacts
- Loss of quality of life
Non-economic damages are trickier to calculate. An experienced Downtown Oklahoma City personal injury lawyer will be especially useful if you’ve incurred these types of damages.
What Does It Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer in Oklahoma County?
When hiring one of our dedicated personal injury lawyers, you won’t have to pay any attorney’s fees upfront. That’s because most personal injury lawyers accept cases on a contingency fee basis.
A contingency fee is only collected if the lawyer successfully recovers compensation for you, and the fee is calculated as a percentage of your settlement or ultimate financial award. A typical contingency fee is between 33% and 40%.
Statute of Limitations in Oklahoma Personal Injury Cases
Each state sets a deadline for filing a lawsuit in a personal injury case. This deadline for filing your case is known as the statute of limitations.
In Oklahoma, you have two years from the date of your accident to file a lawsuit. While many cases will settle before they are filed in court, it’s important to know the deadline for filing your case.
Schedule a free case evaluation with a Downtown Oklahoma City Personal Injury Lawyer
If you’ve been injured in an accident in Downtown Oklahoma City, OK, you may be dealing with injuries, medical bills, lost wages, and other unexpected costs. Our skilled Downtown Oklahoma City personal injury lawyers will fight for compensation on your behalf so you can focus on your recovery.
To schedule a free consultation with a member of our team, contact our office in Oklahoma City, OK.
Find out more about our office location. We serve all cities in the metropolitan area in the state of Oklahoma, including:
Local Resources in Downtown Oklahoma City
Auto Repair Shops
- Ruedy’s Auto Shop Inc. – 12 NE 3rd St, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, United States
- Downtown Auto Repair – 314 NW 10th St, Oklahoma City, OK 73103, United States
- Pat’s Tire & Auto Service – Downtown – 322 N Walker Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73102, United States
- Capital Auto Repair & Services – 1009 N Martin Luther King Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73117, United States
- Emergency Room at SSM Health St. Anthony Hospital – 1000 N Lee Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73102, United States
- VA Health Care System Emergency Room – FGM3+4C Central Oklahoma City, Oklahoma City, OK, USA
- Oklahoma Children’s Hospital Emergency Room – 1200 Children’s Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, United States
- Darrell Smith, PT – Oklahoma City, OK 73102, United States
- Jennifer Edwards – 923 N Robinson Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 731025845, United States
- Valir Physical Therapy – 700 NW 7th St, Oklahoma City, OK 73102, United States
- Unified Chiropractic Association Of Oklahoma – MUNICIPAL BUILDING, 200 N Walker Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73102, United States
- Downtown Chiropractic – 119 N Robinson Ave STE 160, Oklahoma City, OK 73102, United States
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.