Laura Sams is a criminal defense attorney who has successfully defended a variety of Oklahoma clients. She has a particular interest in defending death penalty cases.
Laura grew up in Essex, a county outside of London, England. She knew since she was a child that she wanted to be an attorney. She earned a license to practice law in London, and then came to America to fight the death penalty in April 2008. She came for a four-month internship with a public defender and after her internship ended, decided to stay in the United States. Laura attended law school in Oklahoma before returning to work for the public defender on a range of criminal trials, including sex crimes, robbery and a death penalty case. She continues to defend a variety of cases in private practice. Her goal as an attorney is to give her clients the fiercest defense possible.
Laura and her husband Lane Neal, who is also an attorney, have one child.
Areas of Practice
- 100 percent of practice devoted to litigation
- Oklahoma, 2014
- Oklahoma City University, juris doctorate, 2013
- College of London (England), bar vocational course, 2007
- University of East Anglia (England), postgraduate diploma in law, 2006
- University of Leicester (England), bachelor’s degree, 2004
Personal Associations and Memberships
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers College
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg Inn of Court
- Oklahoma City office