Jeff Laird was raised to believe the purpose of the law is to work for the good of the people, and he has put that value into practice as a personal injury attorney for the past 40 years.
Jeff has represented hundreds of people injured in accidents in Oklahoma, including cases he has argued all the way to the state Supreme Court. He decided to help injured plaintiffs while working in law school, and that’s what he has dedicated his career to. Today, he’s still working to make sure those who are injured get the compensation they deserve. Jeff specializes in car and truck accidents, and he also represents clients for medical malpractice and catastrophic accidents.
Jeff is the second of three generations of attorneys. Jeff and Chris Hammons founded Laird Hammons Laird in 2009. Jeff is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum in recognition of receiving a jury trial verdict of more than $1 million.
Jeff is a native of Sulphur. He and his wife, Debbie, live in Oklahoma City with their two dogs.
Areas of Practice
- 75 percent of practice devoted to litigation
- Oklahoma, 1976
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma, 1976
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 10th Circuit, 1977
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Oklahoma, 1986
- Oklahoma City University School of Law, juris doctorate, 1976
- University of Oklahoma, bachelor’s degree, 1971
- Speaker, “Auto Accident Litigation,” Oklahoma Bar Association Continuing Legal Education seminars
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Oklahoma City office