D. Colby Addison is an employment law attorney who fights for Oklahomans who have been wrongfully terminated.
Colby decided to go to law school after he witnessed and experienced discrimination in the workplace. He had worked in management for a corporation for many years when he reported that one of his employees faced discrimination based on sexual orientation. After he reported the problem, Colby experienced repercussions. That situation led Colby to quit his job and pursue a career in employment law.
Colby earned his law degree from the University of Oklahoma, where he was part of the Oklahoma Law Review. He began working for Laird Hammons Laird in 2014. He loves his job defending Oklahoma workers against discriminatory workplaces. Whether he’s working on a case related to retaliation, whistleblower protection, or protected classes, Colby’s goal is to both win justice for his clients and to create change in companies with discriminatory practices and environments.
When he’s not working, Colby enjoys hiking, mountain climbing, racquetball, and going to concerts. He’s also a Thunder and Sooners fan. A native of Heavener, Colby lives in Moore and is a father of one.
Areas of Practice
- 100 percent of practice devoted to litigation
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma
- University of Oklahoma College of Law, juris doctorate
- University of Oklahoma, bachelor’s degree
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- Cleveland County Bar Association
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- Oklahoma Employment Lawyers Association
- Oklahoma City office