Matthew R. Davis is a career investigator who handles all types of cases at Laird Hammons Laird, from DUI to wrongful death to personal injury.
Matt started his career as a death scene investigator for the Oklahoma Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, working nearly 400 scenes in his time there. In 2014, Matt earned his private investigators license and opened his own private investigations agency.
Today, Matt investigates cases for Laird Hammons Laird, including DUIs. He has completed the same professional training as law enforcement officers need to recognize common signs of impaired driving and to accurately perform field sobriety tests. Matt provides the DUI attorneys at Laird Hammons Laird with a detailed analysis of all available reports and videos and has met the necessary training requirements needed to testify in court as an expert in Standardized Field Sobriety Testing.
Matt is also a certified death investigator and is a diplomate of the American Board of Medicolegal Death Investigators. He is one of just two private investigators in Oklahoma who is a nationally certified death investigator.
Matt is a native of Sapulpa, Oklahoma. His wife, Mary, is an oil and gas landman, and they live in Norman with their two children. Matt enjoys spending time outdoors and watching Chicago Cubs baseball.
Areas of Investigation
- Northeastern State University (Tahlequah, Okla.), bachelor’s degree, 2009
- Instructor, “Equivocal Death Investigation,” S.O.R. Training Center, Moore, Oklahoma
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Oklahoma Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- American Association of Premier DUI Attorneys, one of six private investigator members in the country
- American Board of Medicolegal Death Investigators, registry diplomate
- Oklahoma City office